Nowadays, more and more people are renting houses instead of buying; this is because of the high price of properties. In this blog, Insure Now would like to advise you all you need to know about the type of Contents Insurance you need.

Contents Insurance - Now Insurance

What is contents insurance?

This type of insurance covers loss or damage to items in your home, which are not part of the structure or the building.

How much is contents insurance?

The price can vary; we require a bit more of information for each policy as they are tailored to everyone, therefore we would need information about the items you want to insure in house and about yourself. You can click here to find your perfect quote, or you can get in touch with our specialised customer care team who will be happy to help you.

What does contents insurance cover?

All your personal belongings – in other words, anything not physically attached to the building – will usually be covered for loss or damage.

  • Clothing
  • Jewellery and watches
  • Electrical goods
  • Personal money and credit cards
  • Freezer contents
  • Key and lock replacement
  • Temporary accommodation cover
  • Optional accidental damage cover
  • Option to cover items away from the home (Personal Possessions), so if you lose or damage your possession while you are away, you will be able you claim them on your content’s insurance.
  • Pedal cycle cover
  • ‘New for old’ cover
  • Gadgets like laptops, cameras, mobile phones, iPads

Do you need contents insurance?

The average home has contents worth £35,000 and a contents insurance policy costs from just as little of £72.00 per year.

Protecting your valuables from the unexpected is easier than you may think. We can protect your personal possessions in the event of loss, damage, fire, escape of water and theft. We offer quick and easy personalised quotes to offer the best possible value for money.

Moreover, some landlords or mortgage providers require a contents insurance. Content insurance is an ideal solution for tenants and owners looking for to protect their possessions of value.

When and how do I pay?

You can pay the price of your insurance as an annual amount or monthly amount.

Where am I covered?

Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands) and Northern Ireland.

  • Damage or loss caused to contents in the home by things such as fire, storm, flood, theft, an escape of water, malicious acts and subsidence – up to the Sum Insured shown on the Schedule.
  • Occupiers and Personal liability – up to £2,000,000 to cover your legal liability for injury caused to a third party or their property
  • Lost or stolen keys – The cost of replacing and fitting the locks and keys of external doors and windows of the home if your keys are accidentally lost or stolen anywhere in the World.
  • Tenants Cover – Loss or damage to the structure, decorations or fixtures and fittings that you are responsible for as a tenant up to £10,000.
  • Pedal cycles (stolen from or damaged within the home) up to £2,000 each.
  • Business Equipment – up to £5,000.
  • Alternative accommodation – up to £10,000.
  • Prams and Wheelchairs – up to £500.
  • Personal Money & Credit Cards – up to £1,000.
  • Loss of oil and metered water – up to £1,000.
  • Contents in the open – up to £1,000 (within the boundary of the home).
  • Fatal Accident – up to £10,000 if your husband, wife or partner dies within 30 days as a direct result of accident, assault or fire in your home, as a result of an accident while travelling in the United Kingdom as a fare-paying passenger in any road or rail vehicle or as a result of assault away from your home but within the United Kingdom.
  • Accidental damage cover is an optional cover available for an additional price. Your schedule will show if you are covered.
  • Accidental damage covers up to the sum insured for any unexpected physical damage to contents while in the home caused suddenly by an identifiable external means.
  • Other cover options are available for an additional price such as personal possessions.